jueves, 30 de agosto de 2012

Essay task: To kill a mockingbird

As I has been posting before, we are reading at class the book by Harper Lee's "To kill a mockingbird". Our first task to develop with this book was an essay of the first part of this one. I chose, to inspire myself in building my thesis, a question that said:  

What impact does setting have on your understanding of the central ideas or themes presented in Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird"?" 

Under this stated question, I fromulated my thesis, that after a few attempts, stated the following: "the setting presented in the story help us to understand the ideas of  H.Lee, by developing a contrast between this ones and the thoughts and ideas of 1920's society" I also added that this ideas of the author were expressed in the story by some characters, such as Scout, Atticus, or Jem. I think this was a really constructive activity that helped us to develop our critical thinking as active readers. I really enjoyed, although it implied a lot of writing.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario