martes, 30 de octubre de 2012


Rationale

My written task, as some of you may notice, is a magazine article. The reason of why I chose to follow this structure is simple: it gave me freedom enogh to express myself, but also allowed me to do things that I wouldn’t be able to do with another format. It allowed me to decide by myself the order in which I wanted to state my ideas, I mean; I wasn’t obligated to follow a specific pattern in order (chronological order or something similar). At the same time, because it was an article, I needed to add concrete facts. This helped me, I believe, in the development of ideas, because at the moment I was writing about history, I was also comparing it with what we see on the novel “Fatelessness”. The language I used, of course, was formal. By using a formal language, what you say sounds more truthful, and so the reader gets more convinced with what you write. The use of historical facts, mixed with a sorrowful and melancholic tone are components of the work that I added, in order to create interest on the reader about the holocaust consequences. The end of this article is somehow open, so the reader can continue researching about these consequences, and state their own opinions. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario